Fire Keeper Cloak UUNP (Lorelei) 4K



Commentary

Hi dear visitor,

You know, I frequently talk about textures. There are 2 reasons.
the first one is I like to talk๐Ÿ˜Š and the second is textures are important to me.

I'm not searching necessaraly insane 4K textures...no. I just like "integrated" textures.
I like textures that fit well to the game, to character, to all ENBS.
I'm just searching a good mix, a good balance.

To convince you, just try the Noble Skyrim Pack 1K https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/45807. It's not about armors or clothes, it's a texture pack for the whole game available in 1K.......Well, it just looks good, it's balanced, fps friendly. Well, it makes sense in a modded Skyrim.

So, the balance is probably one of the most important value for me....for every mods.

And I hadn't a good balance with this cloak ...unfortunatly.

Mainly because textures. The mod is original and I always like to showcase accessories.
But in this case, textures are really really....really low. Too low to have an interest in a modded Skyrim.
Textures are 512*512 (like the vanilla game). The texture of the cloak has a weight of 341Kb.
Lightweight for sure but it's almost unusable in game.
The cloak doesn't fit to all body textures and it is impossible to use for mash-up.
All armors/outfits I tried with the cloak was always too high resolution to obtain a nice mix.

The bodyslide is correct and does the job. But you'll have a lot of clippings (on shoulders) with a lot of armors. Again, the use is limited.
So, it's better to use this cloak with an outfit "bare shoulder".

So, a low score. I had difficulties to find positive points. The raw visual in game didn't help me either.

Important point: This conversion has been enormously "liked" on Tumblr and my article goes against this community opinion. So, It's  probably possible that I missed something very important about this mod, I don't know. So, you are welcome to tell me what I missed about this mod (update, new textures, etc...)Thanks.

I showcase the "last" version of the cloak. It's not HDT-PE.
However, you have a second link if you wanna use the HDT-PE version (movement). I believe that you can't bodyslide the HDT-PE version. It's just a mesh replacement.
A mask is also available but my result was pretty bad as well (doesn't fit to the head).

Well, It's always up to you ๐Ÿ˜†

GLOBAL SCORE
3.8/10

Fire Keeper cloak and mask by Xuniana (Tumblr)

 or the direct link

Fire Keeper cloak UUNP conversion by Diablio

 the direct link

Fire Keeper cloak HDT-PE version

Comments

Leave it to chance!