Blog: Ruby - New Dark Elf Preset


RUBY

Hi,

A short article to introduce you Ruby.
Ruby is still a work in progress and the face preset is not finished. As usual I work on ECE.
She is a legit Dark Elf preset. It's been a long time I want to create a Dark Elf preset but all my tries wasn't very interesting.
However, with Ruby, I achieved a first step.

I still need to improve her. Better eyes texture, better complexion and a better face sculpt.
I'm still not sure about her hair color. Her skin tint is still not definitive too. Dark elves have a very specific body tint...like orcs.
She looks great indoor, but in exteriors she lost a bit the dark side.

I will not use a UNpetite preset. She will be thin but with larger thigh. Her boobs will be a bit bigger than the UNPetite preset. So, I will surely create a unique bodyslide for her.
I want something original for her body. So, I'm searching ideas.
If you have ideas for this type of character, or if you think to a specific mod, then you can leave me a message in the comment section (bodyslide preset, paint, tattoo, scar, piercing). All is possible.

Background:
Ruby is the daughter of "The Judge".
Who is "The judge"? The judge is one of my creation. A old dark elf male. An album of "The Judge"(2K only)
An infernal character who come from depths of Red Mountain. He purifies spirits...and bodies.
It's a dark character....evil.....very bad.... don't meet him......never!!!
Ruby will follow the exact same way as her father. This will be interesting to work on a devilish character and this will be a good addon to the blog too. Her official armor is the Tribunal Armor.
For special showcase, the mix sexy/devilish will be funny to work too. 
When, I'll be satisfied with the final form of the preset, then i'll upload it on Nexus.
Thank you for reading

MARMOTTE

Comments

  1. Very Nice look forward to When Ruby is finished

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks kevin.
      It's really an early stage. The base is a good starting point.
      I need to find ideas and interesting mod to obtain something new.

      My direction will be probably something like "dark, gloomy and wounded".

      Glad you like her.

      Delete
  2. WoodsDwellerSeptember 10, 2018

    I like the direction her face is going, though I have to admit I was never a fan of the dashed line face tattoos. I always think "cut here".
    The bodyslide I've been using for elves is Zoe Sprinter body. It looks great at weights above about 30, but the arms are a bit skinny at lower weights.
    https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/90243
    If that doesn't appeal to you, maybe it could be a starting point for a custom bodyslide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback WoodsDweller.

      You are true about her warpaint. I'll find something less "cut here" :)


      I'll try Zoe Sprinter body. May be a possibility. Looks good and adapted to her. why not!

      Question:
      Does the warpaint color is too much redish?

      Thanks

      Delete
    2. WoodsDwellerSeptember 10, 2018

      Red is a good color for dark elves -- eyes, tattoos, clothing, jewelry -- even more so with a slightly darker skin tone. I think the issue is less with the color than with the pattern. If you find a tattoo pattern you like you could certainly use a strong color to draw attention to it. Maybe a darker shade of red, but not so dark as the lips. If you go with bright red eyes it might be too much, but those dark smouldering eyes are a great choice and leave the option for a strong color for war paint. Just a thought -- maybe a more subtle war paint pattern on the face together with a more dramatic tattoo on the body. The Judge -- maybe a small tattoo of scales of justice on her cheek in a deeper red with a glow map?

      Delete
    3. Thanks Again for this enormous feedback. That's what I need. I keep your advice for sure.

      but i don't understand this idea: "small tattoo of scales of justice"

      Delete
    4. WoodsDwellerSeptember 12, 2018

      Maybe "scales of justice" is just an American symbol. I was just trying to think of something that might reflect her origin story. Let's just stick with "smaller warpaint on face, perhaps larger warpaint on body". I'm sure you can think of something that reflects her origins or character.
      One more thing regarding the lips. The profile shots show that you've done a great job with the face sculpting, particularly around the mouth. She just seems a bit happy for an evil lady. Isn't there a setting for the neutral mouth? Maybe turn down the corners just the tiniest bit. Maybe some frown lines between the brows as well.

      Delete
  3. Good work on the sculpt so far. Chin and jaw look good-- so many make their elves have no chin at all. Nice retrousse nose.

    If it were me, I would adjust eyes slightly more tilted, parallel to eyebrows, and lower ears just enough to be in the same line as the widest part of her cheek. Or... maybe I wouldn't. I don't know. That's all just being fussy, hehe. I think she is very beautiful how she is.

    Kind of looks almost Chimer, doesn't she?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, she has chin. It's a requirement for dark elves i believe. Maybe i'll increase it to enhance this specificity.

      About eyes. This is the difficult part. Dark elves have highly tilted eyes but sometimes it breaks the look and the femininity.
      I'll work that and the positioning of her ears too. Thank you Syl. All feedbacks is good.

      She looks like almost Chimer, ancestor of Dunmers.

      That means i'm on the right way:)

      Delete
    2. Oh and she is MUCH prettier than her father. She must look like her mother.

      I am working on redoing Brelyna Maron from the College, we'll see how far I get with it. It's tricky. I don't use ECE so it takes a bit longer and sometimes I have to start with presets that've had some sculpting done already.

      Delete
  4. Maybe instead of her warpaint being red, go for a Ruby colored hair. Hew warpaint can be something to compliment all the red that is going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, infact i must add the ruby color. Several visitors notices the same advice.
      This makes sense.

      Thanks Wolf

      Delete
    2. You are most welcome, Marmotte. Looking forward to seeing her model along with Diana & Idye

      Delete
  5. wished youd use her more. Elfe Noirs are really cool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Chubby.
      The new computer works like a charm.......and the new instalation is solid.
      I'm starting to import all presets.
      I'll see what i can do with her ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Leave it to chance!